Repairs and maintains diesel engines used to power machines, such as pumps, trucks, construction machinery, using hand tools, precision measuring instruments, and machine tools: Diagnoses trouble, disassembles engines, and examines parts for defects and excessive wear. Reconditions and replaces parts, such as pistons, bearings, gears, valves, and bushings using hand tools and precision measuring instruments. May weld and cut parts, using arc-welding and flame cutting equipment. Candidates should have diesel / heavy equipment mechanics with strong hydraulic and electrical aptitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Routine servicing and overhauling of all diesel engines.
- Inspecting the engines and detecting malfunctions.
- Replacing engine parts and appropriately assembling the same.
- Maintaining records of servicing and engine repairs.
- Checking electrical systems and transmission parts and ensuring the smooth functions of the same.
- Following all stipulated industry safety regulations and standards of working.
- Conducting training activities for subordinates.
- Ensuring the proper handling of all testing and repair tools.
- Perform Annual Inspections
Skills and Specifications and Physical Requirements
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reading skills
- Ability to detect technical malfunctions in the machines.
- Sound understanding of using all repair tools, equipment and testing machinery.
- Ability to lift up to 150 pounds
- Must have own tools
- Competitive higher-than-average compensation
- Long-term employment
- Excellent Benefits- Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Life Insurance 401-K, Paid Time off, Holidays and Supplemental Insurance.